Ms. Mika's Topic of the Day

What do I feel like discussing today...hmmm, let me think...

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Oprah's Legends Ball

Last night I watched Oprah's Legends Ball and was blown away!! It was sooo amazing! I got it...I finally got it! I finally go what Oprah was doing...and yes, I too am so appreciative...

Originally I thought it was just going to be a show case of famous people at an awards dinner; being that it was Oprah, I should have known better...it was so much more...

When Dr. Shirley Caesar and the others began singing at the end, the Holy Ghost caught a hold of me and I lost my mind!! I NEVER felt anything like that--and yes, the Holy Ghost has caught me many times in my life, but the magnitude felt last night was thee most powerful experience of God's precious anointing falling upon me that I've ever experienced.

One of the most memorable moments was the reading of We Speak Your Names, a poem by Pearl Cleage; it moved my mother and I literally to tears. I can't express the gratitude, admiration, love and respect felt last night. Today and everyday I will speak those women’s names. But on more personal note, today and forever more I shall speak my mother's name: Trina (Woods) Gatson, my father's name: John Gatson, Sr. (deceased), my grandmother's names: Isabel Barber (deceased) and Pearl Griffin, my grandfather's name: Sylvester Barber, my great-grandmother's name: Mary Griffin, my childhood next door 2nd grandmother/neighbor: Mrs. White (deceased), my Uncles: Tino, Fella, Ray, Deeky and Reggie, my Aunts: Lady, Peaches, Pookie and so many others...I owe so many...I owe so many. In the mighty words of Dr. Maya Angelou: We say 'Thank You', there's nothing more powerful than saying, 'Thank You'; we say 'Thank You' to God. So to all who touched my life in various ways of growth...I say 'Thank You'.

1 Comments:

At 9:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my goοdnesѕ! Awеsomе article dude!
Thank you, Ηowever I am gοing through isѕues with your RSS.

I don't understand the reason why I can't join
it. Is there anуbodу еlѕe having sіmilar RSS problеms?

Anybody who κnοωs thе
answer can you kindly respond? Thanх!

!

Viѕit my site; nuo halogen oven

 

Post a Comment

<< Home